I rely on my rice cooker virtually every time I entertain or attend a gathering at someone else’s house. I’m big on making food that can be served hot throughout a party so guests can graze as they come and go. Game day is especially suited to this type of eating and with the biggest game day of all quickly approaching I’ve rounded up my top 5 favorite game day recipes, all of which can be made and served in your rice cooker. Enjoy!
1. Rice Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wings: What’s game day without wings? These scrumptious wings are one of the Test Kitchen’s most successful experiments to date and make the perfect game day food. That’s why we couldn’t resist featuring them as an EZ Eats Recipe this week and on this list! No need to mess with fryers, hot ovens or simmering sauces. Throw everything in your rice cooker and let the magic ensue.
2. Spicy Rice Cooker Cheese Dip: Tons of Super Bowl snacks are just begging to be dipped and dunked into this gooey cheese sauce. Serve with bread, chips, pretzels, veggies or just about any other crunchy, dippable vehicle to get this sauce from bowl to tummy as quickly as possible :).
3. Loaded Quinoa: Sometimes it’s nice to lighten things up but that doesn’t mean you should sacrifice classic game day flavor to do it. Check out this Test Kitchen creation that sports a quinoa base loaded with potato skin flavor.
4. Turkey Chili with Cornbread: Nothing screams
“GAME DAY DINNER!” like chili. I’d love to pretend I’m adding this one to the list as just another way to stay healthier this Sunday, but really it’s a just-as-good-as-the-original version that makes me feel entitled to pig out even more. The chili’s made with turkey, of course I’ll have another dunk of Spicy Rice Cooker Cheese Dip!
5. Meatballs Two Ways: You really can’t go wrong with meatballs. These simple, poppable bites can be made beforehand and served on Keep-Warm all day. Here we have two recipes to choose from that will fit into any game day snack spread.
Over to You
What are some of your favorite game day recipes? Share and inspire us!