My son had a science project where he needed to make a cell model of a plant cell. After contemplating on different strategies and ideas, we decided to build a jello mold with layers of clear jello sandwiching different edible items representing parts of an actual plant cell. We used a stuffed olive as the nucleus, kidney beans as mitochondria and Brussels sprouts as chloroplasts, etc…you get the point.
We made a base layer and let it set before adding the “edibles.” Finally we covered it with a second layer of gelatin and let it set.
We used the Aroma water kettle to prepare the gelatin, and the project was a blast as well as educational.