Optional Yogurt dip (can be on the side or look like snow on the chicken and/or veggies)
8 oz reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp grated fresh ginger root
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1 can of cranberry jelly
chicken breast meat cut into steaks ¾ inch thick
enough fridge temperature water to submerge all of your chicken steak
2 tbsp table salt per quart (32 oz) of water
2 tbsp sugar per quart of water (brown or white or combination)
3 tbsp olive oil
Combine all yogurt ingredients in small bowl, cover and refrigerate until serving.
For chicken, combine water, salt and sugar to make brine; submerge steaks for at least 1 hour
Remove from brine, pat dry, brush with olive oil and grill; brush with more oil as needed while grilling
1) Turn Grillet on to approximately 300-350º F.
2) Add olive oil.
3) When oil is hot, place your chicken breast meat onto the Grillet.
4) Cover and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until well done.
5) Serve with the Cranberry Yogurt sauce for a festive and delicious meal!
Veggies (on kebab)
2 large sweet red peppers, cut into eight pieces
1 large green pepper, cut into eight pieces
4 stalks of asparagus cut into pieces, each smaller than the next
handful of cherry tomatoes
5-6 white mushrooms cut into halves
salt, pepper, olive oil
1) Use metal or soaked wooden skewers.
2) Skewer through red/green peppers, tomatoes and asparagus
3) Brush with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and grill, preferably covered, over medium heat (Approximately 300-350º F with the chicken) until vegetables are tender (approximately 15-18 minutes), turning occasionally. (Use of cover keeps steam from vegetables around them to aid cooking.)
Serve with yogurt sauce.
Yield: 4 servings.
Optional: substitute the chicken breast for turkey breast for a more seasonal setting.
Over to You
What’s your version of chicken breast? Share and inspire us!