Looking for an easy, protein rich meal that is both filling and delicious? Then look no further for this recipe is perfect for anyone who either doesn’t have time or doesn’t have the means to cook. The fish is not only juicy but also tender. The fish is definitely a meal for you or a meal for two.
1 sprig green onion, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp soy sauce
½ tbsp brown sugar
½ tbsp ground pepper
½ tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine
1 cup Mahatma ® or Carolina ® white rice
1 white fish filet (any white fish will do: Cod, Tilapia, Opa, Pollock)
1) Wash 1 cup of white rice.
2) Place white rice in rice cooker. Add water up until just a little over the 1 cup line.
3) Close lid and press the white rice function. Set a timer for 10 minutes.
4) Prepare your white fish fillet to fit inside the rice cooker pot.
5) When your timer goes off, place your white fish into the inner pot along with
some green onion.
6) Close lid and continue cooking until the timer goes off. Leave fish in pot for
an additional 5-7 minutes to ensure that the fish is thoroughly cooked
7) Heat olive oil in a small bowl on either your stove top or microwave.
8) Combine olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, ground pepper and Chinese cooking wine.
9) Brush onto the fish, top with additional green onion and serve hot.
Over to You
What’s your version of white fish? Share and inspire us!