1/4 pound Pork Shoulder
1 Red Onion sliced into quarter rings
1 Carrot sliced into strips
1/2 cube of Chicken Bouillon
2 cloves of Garlic
1 Can of plum tomatoes or fresh plum tomatoes
2 tablespoons dried basil
1/4 cup shredded Smoked Gouda
2 cups of Arugula or to taste
3/4 cup of Casarecce Pasta
1 cup of Fresh basil for Garnish
Salt and Pepper for Pork Shoulder Rub
1) Slice your Pork Shoulder into 1/2 inch to 1 inch slices.
2) Rub Salt and Pepper into your pork shoulder and place into your rice cooker pot.
3) Slice your onion and carrot and place it into your rice cooker.
4) Place your two cloves of garlic and 1 can of tomatoes into the rice cooker.
5) Add basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary and wine into your sauce.
6) Close the lid to your Rice Cooker and set the timer to slow cook for 5 hours.
7) When your sauce is done cooking, shred your pork shoulder in the sauce.
8) Boil water and cook your pasta until “al dente” (It usually takes around 10-11 minutes).
9) In a large bowl, incorporate your arugula, pasta, pasta sauce, and shredded cheese.
10) Serve hot and garnish with basil.
The sauce tastes even better a day later so save some for later!