1/4 lbs pork ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces (you can either do this on your own, ask your butcher, or go to any Asian store and buy pork ribs)
2 tsp honey
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Shaoxing Wine
1 tsp sesame oil
2 pinches of fresh ground white pepper
2 tbsp roughly chopped, deseeded long hot red peppers (of any sort) chopped roughly
1 tsp Chinese fermented black beans
– Place rib pieces, honey, salt, Shaoxing Wine, sesame oil, ground white pepper, and Chinese fermented Black Beans. into a bowl and mix until the ribs are thoroughly coated.
– Cover and let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or more for best results.
– Rinse and wash 1 cup of white rice.
– Press the white rice button on your Aroma Mi and set your timer for 12 minutes. Depending on every exact brand of rice, the time may be off by a couple of minutes. (You just need to make sure that steam is coming out of the top of the rice cooker)
– When your timer beeps, open up your Mi rice cooker and check to make sure that your rice is slightly hard and there is no large amount of water at the top.
– Add in your Pork ribs, and long red peppers (roughly chopped) onto the top of your white rice and close the lid.
– Wait for approximately 15-20 minutes before safely removing your pork ribs from the white rice cooker. (Your rice cooker may beep before the ribs are fully done. We are utilizing the steam coming from the rice cooker to fully cook your Pork Ribs).
Over To You
What is your version of Dim Sum spare ribs? Share and inspire us:)