Do you prefer a fish patty over beef? Or maybe you happily remember fish fingers with your mom, dad or friends. Or maybe you want to introduce a little one to quinoa with something they know and love.
This recipe answers all of these! The results are a fish stick-like patty with a light airy taste!
2 cups cooked quinoa (leftover quinoa works great)
8 frozen fish sticks (fully thawed)
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tbsp finely chopped red bell peppers (optional)
2 tbsp finely chopped green onions or chives (optional)
2 tbsp panko or similar type breadcrumbs
3 tbsp cooking oil; olive oil recommended
Dressings of choice, such as ketchup, mustard, Sriracha sauce or ranch dressing.
1) Place thawed fish sticks in mixing bowl large enough for all ingredients
2) Mash fish sticks with strong fork or potato masher
3) Add quinoa, chopped vegetables, and breadcrumbs; mix thoroughly
4) Add eggs and quickly mix to spread eggs throughout mixture
5) Form burger sized patties (about ½ to ¾ inch thick) with mixture; don’t be afraid to squeeze firmly
6) Place oil in Aroma Grillet and adjust to 325° F.
7) When temperature is reached, place patties into the Aroma Grillet and pan fry for about 4-5 minutes per side (the patties should be a deep golden or light brown color)
8) Remove from Aroma Grillet, cool slightly, and Enjoy!
Makes about 6-8 burger sized patties depending on thickness
Over To You
What’s your version of Quinoa Fish Burgers? Share and inspire us:)