At potlucks, we all have friends with different tastes. So the question of the hour is… what to do?! Here’s an easy beef recipe that you have to share with others, so invite your friends over or bring it to share!
Ingredients (for meat)
1 ½ pound London Broil cut of beef (other lean cuts include top round and bottom round, with pot roast as a less lean option)
¾ cup (6 oz) pineapple juice (for example from a 20 oz can of crushed pineapple in juice*)
½ cup chopped green bell peppers
¼ cup chopped onions
¼ cup soy sauce
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp hot or chili sauce (for example Sriracha sauce)
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
*pineapple chunks is also option although the chunks need to be chopped for use in optional salsa
Ingredients (for optional salsa if you don’t get it from a jar)
1½ cup crushed pineapple or chopped pineapple chunks
½ cup chopped bell peppers (mix of green/red/yellow/orange is great for adding color)
1/3 cup chopped red (to add color) onions
2 tbsp chopped cilantro (and/or spring onions)
1 tbsp lime juice
Hot or chili sauce to taste
Wraps or breads of choice, such as lettuce leaves, corn or flour tortillas, pita bread, naan, chapatti, roti, Chinese steamed plain bao and taco shells.
Topping items of choice, such as cilantro, dill, spring onions, chopped radish, chopped onions, chopped bell pepper and shredded cheese.
Aroma Rice Cooker with Slow Cooker function
1) Place beef in inner pot of Aroma Rice Cooker. Combine all other ingredients (for meat) and pour over beef. Select Slow Cooker function for 5 hours.
2) Combine all ingredients for optional salsa and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
3) When Slow Cooker function is complete, remove beef to large bowl and shred using two forks. (If beef isn’t tender enough, return to Cooker and repeat Slow Cooker function for an additional 60 minutes and re-test).
4) Take inner pot and separate liquid from cooked vegetables (green bell peppers and onions); save the cooked vegetables.
5) Take up to 1½ cup of liquid and place in large frying pan or skillet and heat until it starts to boil. Add shredded beef and reduce to medium heat and cook with occasional stirring until liquid evaporates and beef becomes a wet darker brown (and the pan sizzles).
6) Remove from heat and return to bowl. Taste test and mix in cooked vegetables if desired to enhance flavor.
7) Serve with choice of wrappers and topping items.
8) Enjoy it with your happy friends!
Over To You
What’s your version of Party Beef? Share and inspire us!