Summer is in full swing and with those 4th of July parties just shy of half a month away, you have to make sure to bring something that will wow your friends for sure! Here’s a recipe that you cannot eat alone… at least not unless you eat it over a few days! So make sure your friends are coming over and everyone can dig into the hot dip!
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup (4 oz) Greek yogurt (or mayonnaise)
¼ cup finely chopped bell peppers (green/red/yellow/orange are all great for adding color)
¼ cup finely chopped green onions (or optionally chives)
6-8 oz boneless cooked or smoked salmon (any cooked, or canned and drained, salmon will do; if using smoked salmon, slightly chopping it may be necessary before use)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp prepared wasabi (or horseradish)
Dipping items of choice, such as crackers, chips, bagels, French baguette, garlic bread, carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumber sticks, radishes, etc.
Topping items of choice, such as capers, chives, cilantro, dill, green onions, chopped radish, chopped cucumber, and chopped bell pepper.
Mi Aroma Rice Cooker
1) Place softened cream cheese in mixing bowl large enough for all ingredients. A rubber spatula works great for this.
2) Add Greek yogurt, chopped items, lemon juice, and wasabi. Fold all ingredients using a (rubber) spatula.
3) Add cooked salmon to mixture (add ½ teaspoon salt if salmon is not flavored). Fold salmon into mixture until thoroughly mixed).
4) Scoop mixture into inner pot of Mi Aroma Rice Cooker.
5) Set “white rice” function and wait for it to complete.
6) Remove hot dip mixture from inner pot and serve with dipping and topping items.
7) Enjoy it with your happy friends!
Over To You
What’s your version of a friendship dip? Share and inspire us 🙂