‘Chocoholics’ like me are always happy to find new ways to enjoy chocolate. Here’s a simple cake recipe that’s guaranteed moist with molten chocolate chips and one step beyond ‘triple chocolate’. All that with no oven required!
1½ cups chocolate cake mix (a 15¼ oz box of chocolate or ‘Devil’s food’ cake mix can be used about twice with this recipe)
½ cup sour cream
½ cup water
6 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix (a 3.9 oz box can be used about twice with this recipe)
6 tablespoons olive oil (or other vegetable oil; coconut oil is excellent option)
Dash of vanilla extract (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet, dark chocolate, white chocolate, your choice!)
Chocolate syrup as topping when serving cake
HSN 20-cup Multicooker (item #605912) or other 20-cup Digital Multicooker with Cake function; halve the ingredient amounts for smaller cookers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour – 1 hour 40 minutes
1. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips; whisk briskly to form a batter.
2. Fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Remove the inner pot from the multicooker; lightly grease the entire inside of the pot with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Pour the batter into the inner pot and shake slightly from side to side to settle the batter. Tap the pot on the counter a few times to also help it settle.
5. Return the batter-filled inner pot to the multicooker; close the lid.
6. Press the START button to turn on the cooker. Press CAKE, then press START; the Cake indicator light will illuminate to show it has set and a chasing pattern will display. The cake will begin cooking.
7. When finished, the multicooker will beep and automatically switch to KEEP WARM.
8. Open the lid and check the cake for doneness by inserting a wooden skewer. It should come out clean. If it comes out with streaks of batter, close the lid and run the CAKE cycle again.
9. When the cake is done, use potholders to carefully remove the inner pot. Allow cake to cool (about 15 minutes) until the sides start to pull away from the pot.
10. Place a plate upside down on inner pot before inverting them together to transfer cake to plate.
11. Top with chocolate syrup when serving, optionally with vanilla ice cream!
Over To You
What’s your version of chocolate cake? Share and inspire us.