Craving some chicken nuggets, but don’t want to get fast food and feeling the need for something a little more healthy? Give these breaded cauliflower bites a try! They’re super easy and a great alternative to greasy chicken nuggets. That means you can pop as many as you want in your mouth without feeling any guilt. Personally, I eat all of them myself… but you can share a few if you’re feeling a bit more generous than I am.
1 head of cauliflower
2 tablespoons milk
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
nonstick cooking spray
HSN Air Fryer (item #635-607)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1. Break apart the cauliflower into bite sized florets, then set aside.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and some salt and pepper, then set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine the two types of bread crumbs with the cheese.
4. Place the grill grate into the center of your air fryer.
5. One by one, dip the cauliflower florets into the egg mixture, then roll in the breadcrumb mixture; shake off the excess.
6. After coating, place them on the grill grate of the air fryer; if needed, line the grate with aluminum foil so the florets do not fall through. You might need to cook the cauliflower in batches depending on the size of your head of cauliflower.
7. Spray a light mist of the nonstick spray over the breaded cauliflower. This will ensure they become crispy and golden. Close the lid.
8. Plug in the air fryer. Turn the dial to HIGH and set the timer for 15 minutes.
9. Let the cauliflower cook until the time is up.
10. Open the lid and carefully remove the cauliflower bites with silicone tipped tongs that will not scratch the cooking pan.
11. Serve with ketchup.