This is one of our go-to recipes, here at Aroma! It is so simple, so easy to customize, and so darn tasty! Who would have thought? French toast casserole in a multicooker! Just goes to show you that almost everything can be done in a multicooker. Personally, I like to top my French toast casserole with some fresh blueberries and a strawberry syrup.
6-8 Hawaiian sweet rolls
1 tablespoon melted butter (optional)
⅔ cup half-and-half
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon honey
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup crushed pecans (optional)
HSN 20-Cup Multicooker (item #605912) or other 20-cup Digital Multicooker; adjust the ingredient amounts for smaller cookers
1. Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half and spread evenly inside the inner pot
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, half-and-half, cinnamon, vanilla extract, honey and salt. Then stir in the crushed pecans.
3. Pour the mixture over the bread, then close the lid.
4. Plug in your cooker and press the START button to turn it on. Press the RICE button, then press START, and the cooking indicator light will illuminate; the digital display will show a chasing pattern to show it is set.
5. When the cooker switches to KEEP WARM, check to see if the casserole is done to your liking. If additional cooking time is needed, run through the RICE function again.
6. Scoop out with a spoon that will not scratch the inner pot, and serve with your favorite syrup, berries, or other toppings if desired.