Ah French fries… not at all French and loved by everyone. I read once that the average American eats just over 29 pounds of french fries each year. Being that there are 325 million people in the US, that means each year the United States consumes 840 million pounds of French fries (taking into consideration not everyone eats that much). THE POINT IS we love fries.
So, what better way to eat French fries than made fresh and covered in Parmesan? But don’t worry they aren’t THAT bad for you.. I don’t think. Mainly because they are air fried instead of deep-fried. That means no oil except a little bit to coat them!
This recipe is super simple to make and even easier to eat. I have ingredients below listed for one serving, but you can always double or triple it to accommodate.
1 russet potato, peeled and cut into French fry shaped wedges
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ tablespoon garlic powder
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
salt & pepper, to taste
nonstick cooking spray
HSN Air Fryer (item #613965)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1. After cutting the potato to desired size, place the pieces in a medium bowl.
2. Add the oil, garlic powder, cheese, and any salt and pepper to the bowl, then mix around to evenly coat all of the potato pieces.
3. Line the grill grate with aluminum foil so that the French fries do not fall through. Lightly spray the aluminum foil lined grill grate with cooking spray. Place in the center of the cooking pan.
4. Arrange the fries on the grill grate so they are not overlapping (it is OK if they are crowded as long as they do not touch or overlap).
5. Close the lid. Plug in the air fryer, and turn the dial to HIGH and set the timer for 25 minutes.
6. When they have cooked for about 12 minutes, open the lid. Using silicone tipped tongs that will not scratch the cooking pan, carefully turn over all of the French fries.
7. Cook for the remaining 13 minutes, or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
8. Using tongs, carefully remove the fries from the air fryer and place on a plate or in a bowl.
9. Salt while still hot. Let cool slightly and enjoy!