Want a weeknight dinner that is as easy as set it and forget it? This chicken and rice one-pot-meal is about as easy as it gets! We used peppers and olives in our version, but who is to say you can’t put in your own veggie choices? The best thing about our air fryer is the see-through glass lid so you can SEE your food cooking and know when it’s done!
up to 4-5 large chicken breasts or 7-8 chicken thighs (or use less if you’re feeding fewer people)
salt & pepper, to taste
additional seasonings to taste, such as basil, oregano, etc.
2 cups dry rice
4 cups liquid to cook rice, such as chicken broth, vegetable, broth, water, etc.
veggies of your choosing, such as red bell pepper cut into strips, pimento stuffed olives, mushrooms, onions, etc.
HSN Air Fryer (item #635-607)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
1. Open the lid and place the chicken thighs into the cooking pan with skin-side down.
2. Sprinkle the chicken with the oregano, basil, and salt and pepper.
3. Close the lid. Plug in your air fryer, turn the dial to HIGH and set the timer for 20 minutes.
4. Let the chicken cook for 10 minutes. At the 10 minute mark, open the lid and use silicone tipped tongs (so they do not scratch the pan) to flip over the chicken. Close the lid and let finish cooking the remaining 10 minutes.
5. Once the timer sounds and the time has elapsed, open the lid. Add in the rice and veggies, then cover with the cooking liquid of choice. Stir everything together with a wooden or silicone spoon that will not scratch the non-stick pan. Try to make sure there is no rice left on the top of the chicken.
6. Close the lid. Set the air fryer to MED, and set the timer for 12 minutes.
7. Allow the rice to cook, opening the lid to stir every now and then, then closing it again.
8. If the rice is still too firm when the timer sounds, set for an additional 5 minutes and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is done.
9. When the rice and chicken are done, serve on plates with a piece of chicken on top of the rice.