Craving pizza but feeling like you gotta get in those greens? This pizza is probably about as healthy as it gets (maybe? maybe not…), packed with spinach and pesto. And it’s not overloaded with cheese, which I know personally can be the reason a pizza becomes too heavy and makes me feel a little bleh the rest of the day. Your breath might not smell the best after eating this, so avoid it for date nights. But you can add any other toppings that sound good to you! Maybe some artichoke hearts, tomatoes, anything that fits your fancy for this fantastic base.
1 tube of refrigerated pre-made pizza crust dough
5 ounces spinach, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup milk
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup feta cheese
small jar pesto sauce, about 8 ounces
pinch of red pepper flakes, to garnish
HSN Air Fryer (item #613965)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. Plug in your air fryer. With the lid closed, turn the dial to HIGH heat setting with the timer set for 30 minutes.
2. Let the air fryer pre-heat with the lid closed for about 3 minutes
3. Open the lid and add the butter. Keep the lid open and let the butter melt.
4. Once the butter is melted, toss in the garlic and spinach. Cook with the lid open and stirring with a wooden or silicone spoon that will not scratch the nonstick surface. Sauté until wilted, about 8 minutes.
5. Add the milk and Parmesan, cheese and stir until combined.
6. Turn the timer to the OFF position. Scoop out the spinach mixture into a separate bowl and set aside.
7. Use the heat-resistant handles on the pan to remove it from the air fryer to a heat-safe surface. Let the pan cool completely, then wash and dry fully. Replace the cooking pan into the air fryer.
8. Open the tube of pre-made pizza crust dough. Cut it in half to make two squares. Put one of the squares of dough into the pan and either leave it as a square or stretch into a circle. Set the other half of the dough aside.
9. Close the lid. Turn the dial to MED and set the timer for 7 minutes. This will be pre-baking the dough before you put on the toppings.
10. After the timer sounds, open the lid and flip the dough carefully using silicone tipped tongs that will not scratch the cooking pan.
11. While still in the cooking pan, top the dough with half of the spinach mixture, half of the mozzarella cheese, dollops of pesto, and half of the feta cheese.
12. Close the lid, and again set the timer for 7 minutes on MED.
13. Cook until the cheese is golden and bubbly, then top with some red pepper flakes.
14. DO NOT cut directly in the cooking pan. Instead use a large rubber spatula to slip under the pizza and transfer it to a cutting board.
15. Cut into 6 pieces and serve.
16. Repeat with the other half of the dough and remaining toppings