Looking for that perfect, shareable snack or appetizer? Look no further than these homemade mozzarella sticks! Sure you can buy some frozen ones and heat them up in your air fryer, but it’s just as easy to make them yourself! And then you know exactly what you’re eating.
8 mozarella string cheese sticks
1 cup flour
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
nonstick cooking spray
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minute
1. Spray the cooking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat the two eggs then set aside.
3. Put the flour into a shallow dish, then the breadcrumbs into a separate shallow dish.
4. Set up, from left to right flour, eggs, then breadcrumbs.
5. Take one of the cheese tricks and coat it in flour, shaking off the excess. Then dip it in the egg wash, letting extra drip off, then the breadcrumbs making sure it is coated evenly. Dip it back into the eggwash letting the extra drip off, and then back into the breadcrumbs, shaking off the excess.
6. Place breaded cheese stick into the cooking pan.
7. Repeat breadding with all cheese sticks.
8. Spray the tops of the mozzarella sticks with nonstick spray; this will allow them to brown nicely.
9. Close the lid and set the timer for 10 minutes on HIGH.
10. Open the lid and flip over the sticks halfway through, spraying with more nonstick spray.
11. When they are golden and melty, carefully remove from the pan. Serve with tomato sauce.