What’s wrong with eating something simple and pretty? Who says it has to be fancy to be better? Why not to back to basics?
Some veggies, some olive oil, some garlic, and a Grillet™. That’s basically all we are doing here.
I think one of the great things about summer and grilling is the simplicity of it! There is something about a grill that makes people want nothing more than a simple and delicious meal. So why not some rainbow vegetables and an indoor Grillet™?
I’m the type of person who thinks vegetables are beautiful, and I think we forget just how incredible and versatile they are. So let’s just keep them simple and enjoy their natural goodness. Side note, the zucchini and cherry tomatoes in this recipe were grown right in office at our organic garden!
1/3 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon mustard powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
2 orange bell peppers, cut into chunks
2 yellow bell peppers, cut into chunks
2 zucchini, cut into chunks
1 red onion, cut into chunks
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1. Turn on the Grillet and pre-heat to 400 degrees
2. While the Grillet is heating, in a bowl mix together the dressing ingredients then set aside
3. Thread the veggies onto the skewers, either all of one color on a skewer OR make a rainbow on one skewers by using red pepper, tomato, orange pepper, yellow pepper, zucchini, then red onion
4. Brush the skewers with the dressing while in a pan or DoveWare Casserole Dish
5. Add the skewers to the grill, two at a time and cook while flipping every now and then until charred, about 10 minutes total or less depending on your desired doneness
6. Remove when done and repeat until all skewers are grilled
7. Serve immediately