Ok I know I always brag about having super easy ice cream recipes.
But this one is seriously THE EASIEST! I mean, it’s 3 ingredients. That’s IT!! And truth be told, I kind of feel like I’m cheating because you don’t even need an ice cream maker.
Yup. Just a freezer and a blender. I make smoothies all the time with frozen bananas because they make things so nice and creamy. So why not use them for some lazy gal ice cream?
I haven’t tried this with anything but the pineapple, but if you experiment with other fruits, let me know!
1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks and frozen
2 bananas, peeled and frozen
3-5 tablespoons maple syrup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Set Time: 30 minutes
1. Toss the frozen pineapple chunks and bananas into the blender; break the bananas into a few smaller pieces before putting into the blender
2. Pour the maple syrup on top; start with 3 tablespoons knowing that you might need to add a bit more
3. Put the lid on the blender
4. Turn it on low and start blending. You will only be able to blend for a few seconds at a time before the ingredients stop moving. When the stop, turn the blender off
5. When the blades have stopped moving, use a spoon to mix the ingredients in the blender and redistribute them towards the blades
6. Replace the lid and blend again on low for a few seconds
7. Repeat steps 4-6 until the ingredients continue blending without needing to stop. If needed, add extra maple syrup to help ice cream blend smooth
8. Blend an additional 1 minute on low speed until smooth
9. Turn off the blender and scoop out the ice cream; it should be a soft serve texture
10. Either serve immediately or let sit in the freezer for 1 hour to harden