Who says you need an oven and hours to make lasagna? And who says you have to use meat? This one-pot-wonder is optional vegetarian and takes just 40 minutes to cook! While it might not look exactly like traditional lasagna, the taste is spot on.
1 tablespoon olive oil
12 ounces mushrooms, chopped small OR ¾ lb. ground beef
3 cloves garlic, minced
14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
8 ounces tomato sauce
1 tablespoon oregano
2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
8 ounces bowtie pasta
2 cups vegetable broth
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
HSN 20-Cup Multicooker (item #605912) or other 20-cup Digital Multicooker with Sauté-then-Simmer STS®; adjust the ingredient amounts for smaller cookers
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1. Plug in your cooker and press the START button to turn it on. Press the Sauté-then-Simmer STS® button. Press START, and the cooking indicator light will illuminate; the digital display will show a chasing pattern to show it is set. Add the oil and close the lid, allowing it to heat up.
2. Once the cooker has been heating for about 5 minutes, add the chopped mushrooms or ground beef.
3. Cook with the lid open while stirring with a long-handled wooden or silicone spoon until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes for beef. If using mushrooms, cook about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, sauce, oregano, and Italian seasoning with your long-handled spoon.
5. Let it cook with the lid open until it reaches a simmer, about 5 minutes.
6. Once simmering, add in the pasta and broth and stir again.
7. Allow to cook with the lid open for about 15 minutes until the pasta is cooked through, stirring every few minutes so the noodles do not stick together.
8. Press START to cancel Sauté-then-Simmer STS® once the pasta is done.
9. Stir in the mozzarella and Parmesan until well combined.
10. Use a spoon to top the pasta with dollops of ricotta.
11. With the cooker still off, close the lid for 5 minutes to heat the ricotta through.
12. To serve, scoop into bowls and top with chopped fresh parsley.