Easy one pot meals are all the rage these days. Everyone wants something easy they can throw in one dish for an hour and then have delicious dinner ready for everyone.
Well, this recipe take a little more effort than just dumping ingredients into a pot, but you only need your rice cooker and 45 minutes for an easy and tasty weeknight dinner.
This dish is super seasoned so it packs a giant punch of delicious flavor. Say “bye-bye” to bland and boring meals with this lemon pepper chicken and orzo!
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
5 teaspoons lemon pepper salt
5 teaspoons poultry seasoning (like Mrs. Dash)
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
2½ cups vegetable stock
½ small bunch Italian parsley, roughly chopped
1½ cups orzo, uncooked
4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbles
HSN 20-Cup Multicooker (item #605912) or other 20-cup Digital Multicooker with Sauté-then-Simmer STS®; adjust the ingredient amounts for smaller cookers
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
1. Plug in your cooker and press the START button to turn it on. Press Sauté-then-Simmer STS® button, then START. The cooking indicator light will illuminate and a chasing pattern will display to show it is set. Add the oil and close the lid, allowing it to heat up.
2. While the cooker is heating, season both sides of the chicken with 1 teaspoon per thigh of each the lemon pepper and the poultry seasoning.
3. Once the oil is heated, open the lid and carefully place the chicken in the inner pot with long-handled heat safe tongs.
4. Cook for about 10 minutes on one side with the lid open until brown, then flip. Coo, the chicken an additional 10 minutes with the lid open until browned. Remove the chicken and set aside.
5. Keeping the cooker set for Sauté-then-Simmer STS®, add the garlic and cook just until it starts to become fragrant, about 1 minute.
6. Add the stock and stir with a long-handled wooden or heat safe spoon.
7. Add half of the chopped parsley, the remaining lemon pepper, remaining poultry seasoning, and the orzo; stir to combine.
8. Return the chicken to the cooker.
9. Close the lid and allow the liquid to boil. Cook for roughly 20 minutes until the orzo is done and most of the liquid is absorbed. If you find that the cooker doesn’t seem to be as hot as when you were first cooking the chicken, reset it for the Sauté-then-Simmer STS® function, as it might have switched to simmer and is not hot enough. NOTE: When done, use a meat thermometer to make sure chicken is 165° Fahrenheit.
10. Turn off the cooker. Top the chicken and orzo with the remaining parsley and sprinkling of feta. Serve the chicken with a scoop or orzo.