My boyfriend is a cinnamon bun fiend! (that’s what I call him, anyway). He loves cinnamon rolls, any time of day and no matter how full he is. He could sit there and eat an entire can of them; I know this because I’ve seen him do it on more than one occasion. He even has a shortcut way of cooking the in a waffle iron instead of the oven so they’re done in about 5 minutes.
With a man so obsessed with cinnamon buns, there was only one thing to do: make it into a casserole so that he’d have the taste of cinnamon buns for a week (or at least a few days depending on how quickly he ate it).
It’s a pretty simple idea, really. Just some dough with cinnamon and the cream cheese icing spread in the middle. This cinnamon bun casserole is boyfriend approved, so you know it must be good!
2 tubes crescent dough sheets
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
¾ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter, melted
½ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
DoveWare Casserole Dish
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Grease the casserole dish with a little butter or nonstick spray.
3. Spread one of the sheets of dough into the bottom of the casserole dish; remember, it doesn’t need to be perfect!
4. Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
5. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough you have laid into the casserole dish.
6. Sprinkle the cream cheese layer with half of the brown sugar and half of the cinnamon.
7. Cover with the second piece of dough.
8. Spread the top dough with the melted butter, then sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
10. Let cool at least 20 minutes before cutting and serving.