Looking for the perfect little post-holiday sweet snack?
These candied cinnamon pecans are perfect for when you are trying to be good on your diet but need just a little something sweet to hold you over! Take one, or a few and enjoy!
1 egg white
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups pecan halves
1 cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1-3 cups water
olive oil spray
20-cup Digital Multicooker with Slow Cook; adjust the ingredient amounts for smaller cookers
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
1. In a medium sized bowl, add the egg white and vanilla together and whisk until frothy, about 1 minutes.
2. Add the pecans and fold in until covered with the egg whites.
3. Add in the sugar, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon and again fold until incorporated.
4. Spray the inside of the Aroma muticooker inner pot with the olive oil spray.
5. Add in the pecan mixture and 3 cup of water; do not stir.
6. Set the cooker for the lowest Slow Cook temperature setting and 3 hours. If your lowest time setting is more than 3 hours, use a separate timer to keep track of how long they have been cooking.
7. Stir every half hour, adding more water if needed. You want there to be a little bit of water until the last half hour, otherwise the cooker will turn off if it senses there is no liquid.
8. When done, turn the cooker off and scoop out the nuts. Spread them evenly on a cookie sheet to cool.
9. When fully cool, break apart into smaller pieces if desired and serve.
Recipe inspiration from Dinner then Dessert