We’re all familiar with tater-tots. Almost always frozen and very rarely fresh, these little golden goodies were a regular side dish on most public school lunch trays.
Whether your feelings towards tater-tots are good or bad, the odds are they bring up some memories either way! But have you had sweet potato tots?
Think of this as a little bit healthier take on the classic, and being air fried and homemade makes them better than ever. Plus with the recipe being just a few ingredients, why wouldn’t you make these the next time you get a snack food craving!
15 ounce can cut sweet potatoes in light syrup
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
salt & pepper, to taste
¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup Italian breadcrumbs
nonstick olive oil spray
HSN Air Fryer (item #635-607)
about 25 tots
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. Drain the liquid from the can of sweet potatoes. Puree the potatoes in a food processor until smooth. If you prefer and can find them, you can use a can of already pureed sweet potatoes.
2. Transfer the pureed sweet potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the sweet potatoes and mix until everything is fully incorporated.
4. Use a tablespoon to scoop balls of the mixture. Form into tot shapes and set aside; make tots until all of the mixture is gone. You should have about 25 tots.
5. Lighty spray the inside of the cooking pan with the nonstick spray. Arrange the tots into the cooking pan and spray the tops with the cooking spray.
6. Set the air fryer for HIGH and the timer for 15 minutes.
7. Once the timer sounds, use rubber tipped tongs to flip all of the tots over. Again, spray the tops of the tots with the nonstick spray.
8. Set the air fryer for HIGH and the timer for 15 minutes. When done, remove from the air fryer.
9. Serve immediately with guacamole, ketchup, or chipotle mayo.
Recipe inspiration from Sweet Peas and Saffron