Casseroles have such a bad wrap. We hear green bean casserole or tuna casserole and think YUCK. So when I say this is a salmon and potato casserole you’re probably ready to click away.
BUT DON’T! Just trust me.
This isn’t a traditional casserole. In the sense that it’s not a bunch of stuff mixed together and thrown in the oven for an hour. Think of this as more of a baked one-pan dinner. Just look at the beautifully arranged potatoes and that handsome salmon. Yes, I called a fish handsome.
And for the record, I don’t think green bean casserole is so bad.
1 lb. mini medley potatoes, sliced thinly
salt & pepper, to taste
1 lb. skinless salmon fillet
1 lemon, sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon orange juice
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
DoveWare Casserole Dish
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Arrange the potatoes in the casserole dish. Sprinkle them with some salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, remove the casserole dish from the oven. Lay about half of the lemon slices over the potatoes. Then, lay the salmon over that and top with the remaining lemon slices.
5. Return the casserole dish to the oven. Lower the temperature to 250°F; bake for an additional 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through.
6. While the casserole is finishing cooking, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, basil, thyme, and salt & pepper to taste in a small bowl.
7. When the casserole is done, drizzle the dressing over the fish and potatoes. Serve immediately.
Recipe inspiration from Country Living