Easiest. Doughnuts. Ever.
Well, aside from driving down the street to pick up a dozen from the gas station.
Let me introduce you to these air fryer doughnuts. The dough is literally already made for you! All you have to do is cut out the hole (though you could really leave it there if you want), cook them, coat them, and eat them.
I can tell you from my own experience that these were much better than I would have expected.
Watch out Krispy Kreme, I’m coming for ya!
⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup brown sugar
1 can of 8 flaky layers biscuits
5 tablespoons butter, melted
Aroma Air Fryer
8 doughnuts + 8 doughnut holes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes per batch
1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and brown sugar with a fork making sure to break up any large clumps of the brown sugar. Set aside.
2. Remove the biscuits from the can and separate. Use a doughnut cutter to cut out holes in the center of the biscuits. If you do not have a doughnut cutter, use something similar to cut out a roughly 1-inch hole from the center.
3. Place the doughnuts 4 at a time into the air fryer. Set the heat for MED and the timer for 10 minutes.
4. Close the lid and let cook for about 8 minutes and check for doneness.
5. If the doughnuts are golden brown, turn the timer to off and remove them carefully with a rubber spatula. If not, let them finish cooking the remaining 2 minutes before removing.
6. Repeat cooking the remaining doughnuts.
7. For the holes, place all in the air fryer at once. Set the timer for 8 minutes and remove when done; check for doneness after 6 minutes.
8. Brush the entire surface of the finished doughnuts with the melted butter.
9. Drop the buttered doughnuts and holes into the sugar mixture and coat completely. Gently shake off any excess.
10. Serve warm, and enjoy!
Recipe inspiration from Everyday Teacher Style