It is officially June! And June means summer vibes, and summertime means lots of grilling and outdoor get togethers. But it also means summer thunderstorms.
Personally, I love a thunderstorm in the summer. You can smell the rain in the air before it even starts. The sky gets dark and the clouds coming in are dark gray and even look like they’re swollen with water. They’re loud and exciting, and everything feels fresh and clean after.
But they aren’t so great for a barbecue, and you might find yourself asking “oh no, how will I grill corn for my salsa now?!” I mean, we’ve all asked ourselves that question, right? …No?
Well if you DO happen to find yourself in a position where you have some friends over and are stuck inside because of the rain, this grilled corn salsa is a great snack to set out for anyone who is hungry, and even those who are not.
With an Aroma Grillet™ indoor grill, you don’t have to worry about if the rain will ruin your party or not! Get that tasty grilled corn flavor inside and without the hassle of the outdoors.
This salsa is so easy and so tasty, it’ll be sure to go fast!
2 ears of corn
30 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
½ red onion, diced
⅓ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
2 avocados, cubed
For the Dressing::
juice from 4 small limes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon agave or honey
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
salt and pepper, to taste
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1. Set the Grillet™ for 400℉. Close the lid and let heat briefly.
2. Husk the corn and place the two ears onto the Grillet™ and replace the lid.
3. Cook for 25 minutes while using rubber-tipped tongs to turn them every 5 minutes so the kernels cook and get some grill marks.
4. Once the corn is cooked and has some color remove from the Grillet™ and turn the appliance off.
5. Allow the corn to cool, then cut the kernels off the cob and transfer to a medium sized bowl.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing; set aside.
7. To the bowl with the corn, add the black beans, cherry tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
8. Pour the dressing over the vegetables. Give it all a good stir to fully coat the veggies.
9. Add the avocado on top and gently toss the salsa again to incorporate the avocado without fully smashing it.
10. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Recipe inspiration from Vegan Huggs
Products also available on Amazon: