Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July.
I won’t lie, I always hate when a holiday falls on a Thursday. Almost as much (but not quite as much) as when it falls on a Tuesday. You have a nice 3 days week, a day off, and then come back for just 1 day before the weekend. 1 day where most other people either have the day off or take it off so motivation runs low and there isn’t always much to do. It also throws me all off. “Is today Monday? No it’s Friday, but it feels completely like Monday and not at all like Friday.” The only reason a holiday on a Tuesday is worse is because you have the opposite; go in for one day where no one is productive and then still have the whole rest of the work week ahead of you.
So after a Thursday holiday and coming back for a quiet Friday in the office, who really wants to go home and cook? Especially when craving a snack.
Sometimes you just want something super easy but still tasty. These cute little nutella banana rolls are ooey-gooey goodness with just 5 ingredients.
Nutella not your thing? Switch it out for peanut butter. Don’t have sugar or cinnamon and don’t feel like buying a bag just to roll crescents in? Skip it (though I promise these are better with).
Sometimes you’re just craving something indulgent to eat without wanting to have to deal with the guilt after. That’s where these nutella banana rolls come into play. They are just sweet enough to give you your fix without overdoing it. And I mean, there’s a banana in there, so it can’t be that unhealthy right?
As long as there is fruit, you’re good.
⅓ cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 can crescent rolls (8 rolls)
½ cup Nutella
DoveWare Casserole Dish
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1. Preheat your oven to 375℉. Lightly spray the casserole dish with with nonstick spray.
2. In a bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar; set aside.
3. Open the can of crescent rolls and unroll the dough; separate the cut dough pieces.
4. Spread some of the Nutella on the fat end of each piece of dough, roughly a ½ tablespoon on each.
5. Cut each banana into 4 segments, and place one on top of the Nutella on each piece of dough (on the fat end).
6. Fold the corners of the fat end of the dough over the banana, and then roll the dough. Use your fingers to pinch and seal the edges so the Nutella doesn’t ooze out.
7. Roll each one in the cinnamon sugar being sure to coat well.
8. Place the rolls in the casserole dish.
9. Bake for 20 minutes until done.
10. Let cool for a few minutes then eat while warm.
Recipe inspiration from The Food Charlatan